Thursday, June 26, 2014

Overeaters Anynonmous Day 5

I started thinking about the business this weekend. Thinking I may not he able to make it to the meeting I went to last week and I started to get worried. I looked at OEA's web site and they had listed telephone meetings. So yesterday and today I listened in on a meeting and loved it just the same as the present in person meeting. I foresee myself doing these meetings when I can. Although I still want to go to the face to face meetings. I missed a bunch of the meeting yesterday but enjoyed the sharing time. Today, I listened to a gentleman speak of his recovery. He said some great things.

He talked about his childhood family identifying themselves as having fat genes. If I have heard it once, I have heard it a thousand times, my dad bemoaning the fact that he just can't eat as much as he did when he was a kid. He says it like he is grieving. Really, actual grief. This is my heritage.

Two things Eric said that really weighed on me. First he said something like he just wanted to wake up thinner. And after reading an addiction book it referenced this same thought that addicts want to wake up changed without going through withdraws. This was like a slap in the face. I have thought similar thoughts a thousand times.This is a truth.

He also said his 105 pound weight loss is the least interesting thing about him. I found that a very interesting statement. He said he is fun, adventurous, happy....ect.... I loved that he had let go of the resentment to the world that they pushed him out for years and began to be himself. Loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment